Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cupcake Crawl


Spring Break is over, Harper headed back to preschool today. He only goes 2 days a week, but I think we both knew it was time to get back on a routine. So after 9 days of solitary confinement Spring Break I needed a girls night out! My friend Jenna and her husband did a cupcake crawl with their kids in Houston a while back. I thought that was the BEST idea! If you know me, you know I have the biggest sweet tooth. So I planned at fun night with some friends.

A Cupcake Crawl is similar to bar crawls that college students do wherein their goal is to visit as many bars as possible in one night. Well our goal was much SWEETER! I found 3 cupcakeries  in The Woodlands to sample. First stop was Frost Bake Shoppe



Chocolate Peanut Butter-Delish!

Carrot Cake-not my favorite, but these would be cute to order for Easter
Frost had the best ambiance and customer service. The owner came out and took our picture and gave us complimentary bottles of water. I would definitely go back there for a special treat with Harper. It was very kids friendly and had the cutest iced sugar cookies as well. I loved my cupcake!


Next Stop, Gigi's Cupcakes. It was just a couple of minutes from our first stop. I ordered a Champagne cupcake, and it was really sweet. It had icing 3 inches high and was decorated with little pearls. These would be so cute at a wedding shower. I thought mine was good until I tasted Lacey's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. Wow! It was the BEST!

Gigi's had the best selection, probably because it is a chain. The icing was scrumptious, and definitely the best part. I will be going back, but probably just to place an order. It wasn't a "sit down and hang out" kind of place.


This is blurry- camera got switched to Manual Focus, but proof that we were there!
Our third and final stop was at The Cupcakery on Market Street. Everyone was on sugar-over load except me. We raced here thinking that it closed at 7, but in actuality it stayed open until 9. I was the only one who ordered a cupcake. I love mint chocolate so naturally I ordered the Grasshopper. Everyone took a bite and we decided to not waste our calories. It was less than mediocre. The cake was dry and the icing tasted like it was straight out of a Betty Crocker can. So we quickly left to go eat some real food at Tommy Bahamas!



It was such a fun night, unfortunately probably one of my last nights out.... considering I am due in 3 weeks. We all loved the "Crawl" idea so some possible future girls nights might be to participate in a wine bar crawl, thrift shop crawl, and a progressive dinner. 

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness, sounds like sooo much fun!! I love cupcakes!!!!!!!! And with girlfriends, even better!!!!!!!!

S, J, B, & S said...

What a FUN idea!!! I want to do this!!! And how awesome that you are still getting out and doing fun things even though you're due in 3 weeks!! Pretty sure I felt like a bump on a log by that time, and I only had 1 baby at a time. :)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design © Designs by Linds 2011